Oh, Baby! Here We Go Again!

Thursday, July 20, 2017


I can't believe I am almost 8 weeks pregnant with my sweet little baby #2! I can't even begin to explain the prayers I prayed and the tears I cried over the years to get to this point, but here we are! Oh, so excited, and oh, so in love already with our little blueberry! :)

We found out that I was for sure pregnant a few days before my beta blood test which was scheduled for 11 days after my frozen embryo transfer. The second line on the home pregnancy test showed up before the control line even did, so I knew things looked great! My original hcg beta was wonderful and came back at 490 (they wanted it to be at 100!). A week later I had a second blood test, and my hcg had risen to 13,763 already which is absolutely amazing! We honestly started to worry about identical twins when we heard how much it rose. (There's only one babe, though...don't get crazy! ;) Haha)

I had my first ultrasound scheduled for a week later, but right before bed on the night of July 5th, I started to bleed. A lot. I freaked out thinking "There's no way this can be happening to me again." Thankfully, I was able to get a hold of my wonderful doctor, and he told me to relax, drink water, and come in for an ultrasound the next morning. I was a nervous wreck all night, but I tried my hardest to stay peaceful and remind myself that this baby's life is in God's hands no matter what. He knows what He is doing.

The next morning, I had my ultrasound, and not only did we see the sweet little bean, but baby was measuring a few days ahead. The bleeding was caused by a subchorionic hematoma in my uterus, but baby was going to be just fine! What a relief! :) (I do have to take it easy until the SCH absorbs itself which should happen no later than 20 weeks.)

We scheduled ultrasound #2 for a week later, and I was pretty nervous. The second ultrasound was when we found out that we had miscarried our last baby, and I was terrified of history repeating itself. Once the doctor got baby on the screen, though, there was obvious growth, and then we got to hear the best sound in the world...a tiny little fetal heart rate of 136 BPM. All the tears!!!

My official due date is 03.03.2018, however, because of my bicornuate uterus, I won't be able to carry to full term, so we are looking at a early to mid-February baby for sure! Right now, I am still under the care of my reproductive endocrinologist, but if all looks well at my next appointment, I will be released to my normal OBGYN! It is so crazy to me, and such a blessing that we have made it this far! I couldn't be happier, and I will start my weekly "bumpdates" on the blog very soon! I can't wait to document this pregnancy just like we did with Baylee. :)

Pink or blue, we love you, baby #2! 


Until next time! XoXoXo
    

1 comment: