9 Months With Baylee!

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

So am I the only one who can't believe we are already halfway through April?! Before we know it, it's going to be summertime! I am definitely looking forward to all the fun summer things that we will get to do with Miss Baylee! For now though, I'm totally in disbelief that I am typing out her 9 month update! In just 3 short months, my sweet baby will be a toddler...this can't possibly be!


Getting this wild one to sit still for a picture is pretty comedic these days. This was the best we could get this time, but I think it's still pretty dang cute. I can't believe how huge she is on her blanket now! She weighs 20 lbs and is 26 inches long. She is still in 9 month clothes, but will probably be moving up to 12 month in a few weeks with her appetite! ;)

Food has become one of Baylee's favorite hobbies for sure! She loves to try new things and experiment with textures. I've pretty much started feeding her whatever we eat, but cut in to bite size. Her new favorite things are cottage cheese, ground beef, shredded chicken, steamed carrots, and pinto beans. She also had spaghetti for the first time last week and was pretty much in baby Heaven! She's getting the hang of her pincer grasp, but if it's something she really likes she just uses the grab a big handful and shove it all in strategy. Oh, and this smart cookie can already drink from a straw. Yep, my kid is a genius!





We had a nice little random heat wave at the end of March, so we decided it would be fun to take Baylee for her first dip in a pool. It was heated, so she loved it. Her chubby thighs and belly in her bikini pretty much killed me! So cute! I have a feeling we will be doing a lot of swimming this summer.




We also took Baylee to the L.A. Zoo for the first time! It was a girls trip with my Mom and sisters, and it was so nice to spend time with them. Baylee was kind of a crab after a couple of hours, so we didn't stay long, but she seemed to enjoy herself. Her favorite animal was the big male lion. When she saw him she screamed and started waving like crazy! 



Her milestones this month have been my favorite so far. She finally woke up one morning with the most adorable little tooth, she can wave hello and bye bye (when she wants to...not always when she'd told to lol), she is starting to walk very well with her little lion walker, and my most favorite is that she gives the sweetest open mouth kisses ever! I tell her "give Mama kisses" or "give your bear kisses" and she totally does it...my heart melts every time! Oh, and I don't know if it's really a milestone, but screaming is her new thing. If she's excited about anything at all, you better get ready for a high pitched shriek that could break a window! It's adorable until she does it in your ear and you can't hear out of it for 5 mins. ;)




As for our daily fun stuff, I have been trying to incorporate some learning into our fun! There are a ton of pinterest articles with ideas for sensory play, so I have been giving them a try on days when we get a little stir crazy. So far we have played with dry rice and finger painted with purees. Every time we try something it keeps her busy for about 45 minutes or so, which is incredible. Her attention span is usually that of a goldfish these days so anything that can keep her entertained that long is a win in my book!



We also finally got to put up her swing now that the weather has been nice and we swing in it almost every day! It's become my go-to whenever she starts having a melt down. It gets her happy and smiling again like a charm! Books right now are her fav toys. She loves to pull them all out and look at the pictures. Her favorite book is Peek-a-boo Sophie. It's all about Sophie the Giraffe and has pages that flip open to reveal different characters "peek-a-boo"-ing. She squeals with every new page and kisses Sophie on the cover when we are done reading. :)



We also upgraded Baylee to a big girl car seat! She was getting squished in her infant seat and car rides were becoming terrible scream-fests, so I knew it was time. I had heard rave reviews about the Britax Marathon, and so far it has totally been worth every penny! She is finally a happy camper in the car again, and the giraffe print alone is reason to fall in love with it!


Such a big girl! We have been super excited around here because any day now Baylee will have her first little cousin! I will try to get another post up this week, but if I don't it's because I'm too busy snuggling my new niece! ;) 

I leave you with Baylee and her very first quad from Daddy! Until next time! XoXoXo





No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!