Thanksgiving Recap!

Friday, November 27, 2015

After a long day of shopping and decorating, hubbs and I are now sitting by the Christmas tree with a fire roaring in the fireplace. So cozy. :) I love this time of year so so much!

  I've been going through the pictures from Thanksgiving yesterday and it reminded me all over again just how very blessed I am to have such loving people in my life. This year, we celebrated Thanksgiving over at my grandparents' house. It's been quite a few years since I have been able to spend Thanksgiving with them, so it was really nice. 

We started cooking in the morning with aprons on and mimosas in hand, because there's truly no better combo. ;) Even Miss Baylee got her very own apron!





Isn't my Nanny the prettiest ever? :)

While we cooked, Brian and my Papa hung lights on their house. They have the cutest house for lights, and it turned out so pretty. They may have even had a little helper to help tangle untangle all the lights! Hehe.






While the turkey was setting, I got Baylee dressed and we went outside for a little photo shoot with my sisters. She looked so adorable in her little chambray dress, tights and moccs! I totally wish I had bought her dress in the next size up so she could wear it again this spring.





Baylee was a bit of a grump at dinner, because she was exhausted from not getting a very long nap, but she stayed happy long enough to try a little bit of all the delicious food. We had turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, candied yams, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce,  and, of course, pumpkin pie and spice cake cupcakes for dessert. She seemed to like what we could get her to try, and we all ate until we were more stuffed than a turkey! Thank goodness for stretchy jeans! 



After dinner, we sat around the living room and talked and played with Baylee. I taught her how to put olives on her fingers and it was like instant good mood after that! I wish I had thought of it earlier! It was so nice to just relax with family and actually get to spend some quality time with my husband. We really don't get that enough these days. My Christmas resolution this year is less hustle bustle and more time for snuggles. :)






I hope you all had as wonderful of a Thanksgiving as we did! 




Now, may the Christmas season officially commence!

Fa La La La La La La La La!

Until next time! XoXoXo







1 comment:

  1. Nanny and I are the ones that are BLESSED, Having you all over was the BEST, So much fun having my Girls all together with my Grand Son Brian and of course our fifth Grand Daughter "Kabrina".... Can't wait for Christmas Eve...Life is GREAT .....

    ReplyDelete