Love List!

Monday, April 11, 2016

Sometimes living in So. Cal. during Spring drives me crazy. The weather is completely bonkers. Just last week it was sunny and 90 degrees and we were laying by the pool, and now its a chilly 63 outside after a weekend filled with April showers. Bummer. I am so very ready for summer, even though it's supposed to be a hot one this year. This little bikini rocking babe and I have many pool and beach days ahead of us. :)

 

So, how about a love list to combat those rainy weekend blues?

Lately, I have been trying to venture out and make different meals, because I feel like I reached a kitchen rut making the same things every week. Long live Pinterest, because I found my new favorite thing ever...one skillet meals! You literally only have to dirty one pan, and the results are delicious. On Saturday I made this one pan baked ziti, and it was a hit! Brian loved it so much that he asked if I could always make it instead of my norma baked ziti casserole. Woah. 

We also made this overnight apple oatmeal a few weekends ago, and it turned out amazing. I loved waking up to the house smelling like apple pie, and already having breakfast ready made our morning nice and slow.  

My other new morning friend is cold brew coffee. I know, I'm totally late getting on the cold brew train, but I finally tried some, and I'm totally in love. This Stumptown Cold Brew is the best ever and right now it's on sale at Target! Woop! 


My other recent Target find are these Annie's organic snacks for Baylee. They're perfect for toddlers and taste amazing. I even took some of the cheddar bunny crackers and animal cookies and used them to fill Bay's Easter eggs! They're a great snack with no yucky additives, so no mommy guilt!

Also for Baylee, I discovered this book collection called BabyLit. They take classic novels and stories and turn them in to toddler friendly board books, and they are positively adorable. I really hope Baylee gets a ton for her birthday, because I haven't seen books this cute in a while! 

Bath and Body Works just released all their summer scents for hand soap and Island Margarita and Hawaiian Pink Hibiscus are seriously life! We do a lot of hand washing with my crazy, messy girl, so I love to have a different scent at every sink in the house just for fun.

Last but not least, a few weeks ago I bought a hanging potted pansy plant (say that 5 times fast haha) so I could have a splash of color in my world of desert dirt, and a sweet little sparrow decided to make her nest right plop in the middle of it. I have been keeping an eye on it and she finally laid some tiny eggs! I can't wait for them to hatch and to hear some little chirping birdies out on the porch! The best part of Spring is all the new life! :)


Until next time! XoXoXo
 

 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!