Margaritas And A Love List

Thursday, May 5, 2016


 


Happy Cinco de Mayo! Sorry that the blog has been so quiet! Along with just being super busy, we have a huge family get-together happening this weekend for my Grandpa's 90th birthday so we have been busy little bees this week! I thought today would be a perfect day to share a couple of my favorite margarita recipes with you and also a short love list.

I love June and January so much, and they just released their ever popular play suit for this summer! They only make them up to a size 2T, so I had to snag one up for Baylee before she gets too big to wear one. I got her the violet one, and I'm highly considering putting a green tutu over it as her birthday outfit for her Little Mermaid party this summer. It's seriously that cute!

I featured Twinkle, Twinkle Lil Jar's mason jar tumblers in my Mother's Day gift guide, but they make all kinds of cups too, including stemless wine glasses. I just saw one on their Instagram that says "Hair up, sweats on, baby napping, wine gone!" and I was like, "Oh, they know my life!" :)

If you tried the one skillet baked ziti recipe from my last love list, you will totally love this recipe for one skillet chicken, broccoli, and rice. I have never seen Baylee hoover a meal so fast, and she and hubby both completely cleaned their plates! I used water instead of the chicken broth that it calls for to cut back on sodium, and it still turned out amazing!

Anyone stumped on what to make for dinner tonight for Cinco de Mayo? My favorite easy dinner is to throw some chicken breasts in the crock pot, pour a ton of salsa on top, and cook it on high for 4-6 hours, then shred. Boom! Chicken tacos for everyone! And here are my favorite margarita recipes to compliment those tacos:

Classic Margaritas

1/2 cup lime juice
2 tablespoons of lemon juice
1 cup Triple Sec
1 Cup white tequila
2 cups of ice
lime wedges and salt for garnish

Pomegranate Margarita

16 oz of pomegranate juice
1 can frozen limeade concentrate
2 1/2 cups of gold tequila
lime wedges and sugar for garnish 

Of course, all margaritas taste great with an upside down corona in them! You just can't go wrong with it's a beer-garita!

Hope everyone has a fun weekend and stays safe on this super fun day! I know this chick is ready for some tacos and guac! Taco 'bout cute! ;)

 

Until next time! XoXoXo




No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!