Baylee's 1st Birthday/Smash Cake Photos!

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

It's July! That means in just two short weeks my little girl turns 1, and I can hardly believe it! I have all those typical, sappy, emotional mom feelings that come with a 1st birthday. :) I think it's because you realize how fast a year goes by, and in a flash she will be driving cars and wearing makeup! 

For now, though, we had some fun just playing dress up and smashing a pink cake for 1 year pictures! I could not have been happier with the way they turned out! I honestly don't even know how I am going to be able to choose which ones to print. If you want to check out the wonderful photographer who shot these for us, this is her website: Photography By Rhonda McKenney 

We started the shoot in a super cute lace romper. Very vintage, and we even added some pearls, and a cute vintage headband. Through most of the session, Baylee wasn't cooperating with any smiles, but we got some super cute serene shots of her, and it almost makes the pictures cuter...it really helped highlight all her pretty features. :)


We then changed in to a pink tutu and pink bow. I wanted to keep it simple for the cake shots so that she could get as messy as she wanted. We actually managed to get a few smiles once she was half naked! lol


We were able to get some nice family shots too, which I always appreciate having. I'm behind the camera a lot, so it's nice to have some pictures of me and my girl together...oh, and hubby too of course! ;)


Keeping in Tibbetts' tradition, we had to have some classic boot shots. We've done boots for our engagement pictures, wedding pictures, and maternity pictures, so I think the trend is here to stay!



Then came the moment we all were waiting for...the big cake smash! Baylee performed beautifully and nom nom nommed that pink cake right up. It was absolutely classic! She clearly loves cake...a sweet tooth just like her Mama!





Doing this shoot was such a blast, and I'm so glad we decided to do it! I can't wait to watch her go crazy on another smash cake at her party! Make sure you check out the photographer's website...I would recommend her in a heartbeat! :)

Until next time....XoXoXo








No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!