One is Fun!

Monday, July 13, 2015

In just a couple of days, my little princess will officially be 1! Over the weekend, we had Baylee's 1st birthday party. It was inside a gazebo at a park down the street from my grandparents' house, and turned out absolutely perfect! (Shout out to all my helpers! You are sooo appreciated!)


We, of course, had Minnie Mouse as the theme since Baylee has been our little Minnie girl from day one. Everything was pink and yellow, and looked so pretty on a perfect July day! My pride and joy was the dessert table, I made pink velvet Minnie cupcakes with chocolate icing, sugar cookies in the shape of hearts with pink sprinkles, and birthday puppy chow. I wish I had it in me to make the cakes, but I ended up omitting a lot of my original plans for sanity purposes. We ordered the cakes from the bakery at our Super Target and they turned out great. (Minus the "B" in birthday getting messed up during transportation...oh well!) For lunch we BBQed hamburgers and hot dogs with all the fixins. There was a great turn out of friends and family, and despite Baylee teething and missing her morning nap, I think she had a really great time!










Baylee was fashionably late and made her grand entrance in her brand new little red wagon. :)




Her favorite part was definitely the smash cake. This kid is a total ham. She didn't cry or get scared when we all sang to her, and even danced a little bit. Brian and I blew out her candle and then let her go to town. She was a little hesitant at first, but once she realized how good it tasted, she went crazy! It was a huge pink and white mess that I wouldn't trade for anything in the world!











After cake, we opened all of her presents. She got a lot of awesome toys and clothes. (Side note: Toys'R'Us has a "Wish List" that you can make online for your kids. I really appreciate this, because it helps the guests get age appropriate toys, so there's no need for returns or stashing toys away for months.) Baylee figured out very quickly how to pull all the tissue paper out of the bags to see what kind of goodies were inside. She was very excited, and this Mama felt very blessed! :)






I still can't believe that her first birthday party is actually over! It was a beautiful day, and my sweet girl is so very loved. 


Wednesday is her actual birthday, so we have a very fun and exciting day planned to continue to celebrate this wonderful little life! 

Until next time...XoXoXo






No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!