Summertime Essentials for Toddlers

Friday, June 17, 2016


Summer is in full swing now, and with the longer, hotter days us mamas have to get creative with keeping the tots busy. Water and cold treats are almost always the answer in our house! Here are my "must haves" for getting through summer with a toddler:

1. Swimsuits. I did a blog post here about my favorite swimsuits for girls this year, but I'm loving this flamingo one-piece as well! We can't forget the boys either! These whale trunks and rash guard and these crab print trunks are making me wish I had a little boy!

2. Flip-flops. These flip-flops from Carter's are the best. They're made out of foam so they can get wet, and they have a back strap for the kiddos who haven't quite figured out walking in flip-flops yet. 

3. Babyganics Sunscreen. My true favorite sunscreen for babies and toddlers is Coppertone Water Babies, but it makes Baylee get a rash. So, I've been in the market for a new sunscreen that still works but is gentle on her sensitive skin, and so far this one from Babyganics is the best. (But comment if you have other suggestions!)

4. Puddle Jumper Life Jacket. This is the perfect floatie life jacket for beggining swimmers. (I like this one for the little guys!) I can't get Baylee to go back in the pool quite yet (she tried to walk off the step and went under the water for a second and was traumatized...we're working on easing her back) but I have friends who use this life jacket on their kids and love it!

5. Mini Popsicles. These mini popsicles are perfect for little hands and tiny tummies. Baylee would never finish a normal sized popsicle, so I was so happy when I found these. They have a long stick so her hands don't get cold, and she can eat a whole one before it starts to melt!

6. Kids' Adirondack Chair. These kid-sized adirondack chairs are only $8.00, and are perfect for snacking after some water play. They come in multiple colors, so you can even find one that matches if you have a set of adult-sized chairs.

7. Kiddie Pool. We have tried the blow up pools in the past, and I love them, but this summer we decided to try out the classic plastic kiddie pool and I think I love it more! Last summer, I had to keep adding air to the blow-up one because it would deflate a little from the heat. It was kind of a pain, so the plastic one has been nice to have because it's ready to go at any time. I will say to get a blow up one for beach trips, though! We blow up Baylee's and fill it with ocean water, and she can splash up by where we have all our stuff set up.

8. Water Table. This has been the best life saver for the summer. Baylee never gets bored of splashing and playing with her toys in the water table, and you can add any bath toys to it to make it fun and different every time. Baylee has this one at our house and this one at my grandparents' house and she loves them both!

Hope this list helps you get ready for some summer fun! Summer solstice is Monday, and we are expecting a week-long heat wave of temps from 102-110! I think Baylee and I may need to have a margarita and a Frozen pop permanently in hand on the daily! Cheers to staying cool! :)



 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!