Christmas 2016!

Monday, December 26, 2016

I woke up this morning in total disbelief that Christmas is already over! These past couple of weeks went by so fast, but they were oh, so fun and so busy (notice the lack of blog posts). This was by far the best Christmas yet with Baylee. She had the time of her life opening presents and visiting our families, and I loved every minute.

We started on Friday night with our annual Christmas Pajama Party. I had every intention of doing a blog post about it, but the day before my phone was killed by a bottle of Jameson (I can't make this stuff up!) and I failed at taking very many pictures with my camera. We had so much fun, though, playing White Elephant and other fun games and just hanging out with family and friends. We even ended the night with a "Holly Jolly Christmas" performance from Baylee on her fireplace stage. :)

We spent the evening of Christmas Eve at my Nanny and Papa's house enjoying a prime rib dinner with gingerbread cake and brownies for dessert. After we ate, we put on our PJs and opened all our presents from them. Baylee was excited about each gift, but I have to say that her lab coat and pink stethoscope took the cake. She wanted them on right away and immediately started giving everyone check-ups. It was a nice relaxing night, and we headed home on the early side to prep for Santa's arrival!











We got home and put out cookies and milk for Santa and tucked Baylee in to bed. My sisters stayed over and helped us prepare everything for her. I was so excited for her to wake up the next morning to see everything that Santa brought her!




Christmas morning was absolutely magical! Baylee went right for her stocking first, and then dove in to all her presents. Her reactions to everything were priceless! She kept saying "Look what I found!" once she got all the wrapping paper off, and wanted to play with every toy and read every book right then and there. For the last gift of the morning, we took Baylee outside to show her that Santa had set up her very own swing set! I have never seen the girl so excited! She would have played out there in the 32 degree weather all morning if we had let her. Christmas morning with a kid really is the best thing ever! 





 We let Baylee take a nap in the afternoon and then headed to my Dad's house for Christmas dinner. He got her an awesome easel, and she spent the entire time before dinner drawing us chalk pictures. We ate my Dad's famous lasagna, and then made one last stop over to my aunt's house. A bunch of family was there, and we all played Bingo and other games for prizes. It was one of the most fun Christmas nights that I have ever had!





We had our last Christmas event this morning with Brian's family. Baylee loved seeing them and getting to play and open presents with her cousin Adalyn. I can't believe how much the two of them have grown just since last Christmas, and I know they have many more fun Christmases together in their future! 



We spent the rest of our day today relaxing & watching Baylee play with her new toys. I'm so sad that it's over, but I will admit that it will be nice to slow down a little again. That doesn't mean I won't have my tree lights on for a couple more weeks, though. ;)

I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas!

Until next time! XoXoXo 
 
 
 
 


 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!