Valentine's Day 2017!

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Happy Hump Day, friends! Did everyone have a great Valentine's Day? Baylee & I were lucky ladies and had Brian home for the whole day, so we had a wonderful V-Day indeed!

We started the day with our festive breakfast tradition of french toast cut in to cute shapes and topped with Nutella and strawberries. It was so delicious, and if I didn't know how many calories it was, I think I would eat that for breakfast every day! We also enjoyed some coffee and pink milk. After breakfast, we exchanged our gifts. Brian got me a couple of cards & boxes of chocolates (1 from him and 1 from Baylee), a box of chocolate covered strawberries (he clearly wants to fatten me up!) and some heart shaped earrings. I got him some of his favorite treats with "punny" sayings on them...he loved it! For Baylee, we got a couple of books, some candies, a coloring book, & The Lion King DVD to add to our ever growing Disney DVD collection. She was so excited and so thankful! I love watching her open gifts, because even the smallest things make her so excited. :)










It was a beautiful day, so we decided to take Baylee to the park to run around. I got her all dressed up in her pink and red outfit; & we spent the rest of the morning chasing the little monkey all over the equipment while trying to get a photo here & there. Brian and I managed to get a total of one picture taken of the two of us & it was a horrible selfie! Boo! We really need to get in to the habit of having someone take a picture of us together on special days. 










After the park, we went home for nap time, & Baylee managed to sleep for 2 1/2 hours! It was amazing. When she woke up, we got ready to head out of the house to take her to her gymnastics class. She had a great class, & was even awarded a "Shining Star" for exceptional effort! Yay! My little Olympian-In-Training! ;)

For dinner, we went to one of my favorite restaurants, Souplantation. We aren't big on going out to a fancy dinner on Valentine's Day & usually make dinner at home because it's always so crazy, but since we were already out we decided that all-you-can-eat soup and salad sounded wonderful! They even had red velvet lava cake for dessert, & it was the perfect ending to a beautiful Valentine's Day. :)


I'm one loved Wifey & Mama, that's for sure! :)

 
Until next time! XoXoXo
 


 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!