Dear Baylee (A Letter to My Firstborn)

Monday, February 5, 2018

Baby girl is trying desperately to make an early appearance (I'll have more about that on my next bumpdate), so things are starting to get real around here. Every time I look at Baylee, I can't help but feel a little sad and guilty that her world is about to be completely flipped and she has no idea. I know she will be absolutely fine, and that I have enough love in my heart for both my girls, but she's been my little bestie for the past 3.5 years and had me all to herself. I know it's going to be a big adjustment no matter what! I decided to write a little letter to my girl as she becomes a Big Sis. I know she won't read it until she's older, but I want her to know where my heart was at during this time in both our lives. :)



My Dearest Baylee,

   Any day now, you are going to become a big sister, and it's so hard to believe that we have finally reached this point. Although I have tried my best, I know there is nothing I can say or do that can remotely even begin to prepare you for this big change. I have two little sisters myself, so I know what a big job you have ahead of you. My daily prayer is that you and Natalie will grow up to be best friends just like I am with your Mimi and Gigi. I hope you always find it in your heart to love her, protect her, and set a good example for her. She is going to watch you and look up to you always, and even though you will fight, your sister bond will always outshine any disagreement. 

She is not even here yet, and I am already so proud of the way you love her. You are always asking me if you can kiss baby sissy and you give my belly big smooches. You can't wait to meet her, and ask me almost every day if she is coming yet. I know you are going to be an amazing big sister, and that she is going to think you hung the moon! 

Having you as my firstborn has been the greatest blessing. I completely adore the little girl you are becoming, and even though you challenge me to no end, I am so proud of your strong and persistent attitude that you have already. You are compassionate, loving, and not afraid to fight for what you think is fair and right. You're going to move mountains, my girl, and I feel honored that I get to watch you do it. My love for you is endless, unconditional, and unwavering. No matter how old you get, I will always be your Mommy. As long as I am living, I promise I will be there for you whenever you need me, and that you will never have to be lonely. Since July 15th, 2014 you have had my heart and there is nothing in this world that could ever change that. When I count my blessings, I count you twice. I love you, I love you, I love you.

Love,
 Your Mommy     


Until next time! XoXoXo
 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!