Double Trouble

Monday, February 19, 2018


Well, along with some help from family I have done it. I survived my first week at home as a mother of two! It definitely hasn’t been easy, but we are taking it one day as a time and trying our best.

 Natalie is a super easy going newborn. She only cries when she’s absolutely starving, and at night I have to set my alarm to wake her up to eat every 3 hours because she sleeps so sound. She’s a happy and very content baby, and she breastfeeds like a little champ, which has been amazing for me! (Baylee had latch issues so I ended up having to exclusively pump for her which was exhausting!) I’m blessed to feel super bonded with her already, and I feel like she’s always been meant to be.

Baylee is taking things as well as can be expected. She’s super great with Natalie. She knows to clean her hands before she touches her, and loves to hug her and say “Hi, baby sissy! I love you, baby sissy!” Her listening issues have hit an all time high however, and I often feel like I’m asking the wall to go potty. She completely ignores me or has a full out tantrum when I ask her to do (or not to do) anything. We definitely have a lot of adjustments to make, but I am trying my best to make her feel loved and important even though I have to take care of Natalie so often. I know as the weeks go on, it will get better and all of this will start being Baylee’s “norm”.

It’s safe to say that although exhausted, sore, and outnumbered, I am happy as ever. Having my two girls has been incredible and I’m looking forward to all the fun the future will bring with my little babes! I still can’t believe I have double trouble. :)

Until next time! XoXoXo 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!