Second Trimester Essentials

Tuesday, October 3, 2017


I only have around 9 weeks left in my second trimester, and I cannot believe how fast this pregnancy is going! I seriously felt like I was pregnant with Baylee forever, but I guess time flies when you're chasing a 3-year-old. ;) Here are some of my favorite things that I have been using to make life a little easier through my second trimester:

1. EOS Lip Balm This trimester (probably in combination with the California weather that won't settle on summer or fall) has made my skin dry and my lips sooo chapped. EOS has been my favorite lip balm for a number of years now. It always keeps my lips so soft and comes in the yummiest flavors. Baylee adores them too and calls them her "egg lipstick". :)

2. Tums Oh, the dreaded heartburn of the second trimester. Hairy baby or not, there's nothing about it that is fun, so Tums have been one of my best friends. Also, my OB approved ranitidine (Zantac) for when the Tums just won't do the trick, so make sure you ask if there is anything your OB is okay with you taking if the heartburn/indigestion are really bad! (Side note...I just learned that acid reducers can also cause constipation so make sure you up your fiber intake while taking them!)

3. Body Pillow It's like being hugged by a fluffy cloud! No, seriously, sleep would not be the same without this wonderful pillow of joy! It's very big and takes up half the bed (sorry hubby) but it supports me in all the right spots. So far, with this pregnancy I haven't had nearly as much back pain as I did with Baylee, and I know it's a combo of our new mattress and this perfect pillow!  

4. Maternity Leggings I will definitely be living in my leggings this fall and winter. These are perfect if you're not a huge fan of full panel, especially while the bump is still growing. I did get these full panel ones from Target though, and they are so comfortable. 

5. Maternity Jeans My second and third trimesters with Baylee were in the spring and summer, so I never had a need for maternity jeans. I am so excited to be having a winter baby this time...as soon as the bump started to pop I invested in some maternity jeans. Old Navy never fails me, and this time was no exception. I love being able to still feel stylish while pregnant, and they are super comfy. I'll definitely be going back for another pair in a different wash.

6. Babylist As soon as we found out the gender, I started making my registry on Babylist. I have done other in-store registries in the past, but I love how, with Babylist I can have items from any store all on one registry! (Even Etsy!) It's been so much fun to register for another sweet baby girl. :)

What are your favorite second trimester essentials? Please comment with anything I may have missed!

Until next time! XoXoXo 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!