IVF Update: There's A Rainbow Around the Corner

Friday, June 16, 2017

As most of you know, we had our first IVF FET (frozen embryo transfer) in early March. While it was successful and resulted in a pregnancy, we sadly lost our little babe at 7 weeks and 1 day to a missed miscarriage. (Read more about my miscarriage here.) I was so upset, but I wasn't about to let it ruin me. I knew that my healing would be found in getting back up and trying again. So, I did just that.

I spent the next month physically healing and doing my thing. I had date nights with Brian, and did all the running around with Baylee that I couldn't do while I was pregnant and on modified bed rest. I really was loving life, and it was such a good experience for me to go through. While it was hard and so sad to say goodbye to our tiny miracle, it taught me so much about appreciating what I already have. It's not that I am an ungrateful person; I just always love to have a plan, and sometimes when that plan doesn't work out I get very frustrated, so I forget to stop and smell the roses. That month was the break I needed to just "be me" again. No shots, no appointments, no pills...just me having a blast with my family.

Then I got my period, and I knew I was ready. I called up my IVF case nurse and said "Let's do this!" and being the super woman she is, she made it happen and made it happen fast! I started shots again on May 25th, and yesterday morning we transferred one beautiful hatching 6AA embryo. I am over the moon to be PUPO (pregnant until proven otherwise) again!


 


And now, we wait. I am currently on hour 30 of my 48 hours of doctor ordered bed rest, and while I'm going a little stir crazy, I know it's all worth it for our tiny rainbow baby! We should find out in a couple of weeks whether or not the transfer was successful and if I am, in fact, pregnant again! 


Last time, we kept the whole frozen embryo transfer a big secret except for telling family and close friends. I wanted to have the big pregnancy reveal after hearing the heartbeat for the first time just like a normal pregnancy, but I never got that. It left me feeling so bummed that I never got to share my excitement with all of you for the few weeks that I knew; my first time sharing about our pregnancy was sharing about how it ended. So, I decided that this time would be different. This time, I'm not hiding my excitement, because it might be short lived and not end well, or it might be the rainbow I've been waiting for, but either way I am blessed! No matter what, there is life inside of me again, and I just pray that God has a plan to let this little nugget stick around for a while. :)

Please keep me in your prayers as we await results!

Until next time! XoXoXo

1 comment:

  1. thanks for sharing. I'm in a similar position right now, although my Dr. found a heartbeat at week 7 there was some significant concerns and they told me I will not make it to 12 weeks, if it does there is a high chance there will be chromosomal abnormalities. I'm currently half way through my 1 week wait til the next appt to see if the heartbeat is still present. But I am preparing mentally for the loss/month off/ repeat FET. Im so glad to hear you had another BFP on round 2 and have a healthy baby to show for it :):)

    ReplyDelete