17 Week Bump-date!

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

The bump-date is a little late this week (sorry!) because I was spending some much needed time with my family in Nor Cal. It was a very relaxing weekend for Brian and I, and we feel rejuvenated. It's nice to get out of your element for a little while and do something different. I'm pretty sure we won't get another trip up there until after the baby is born, so I'm really glad we went. :) 



How far along: 17 weeks
Gender Prediction: We find out Friday! I'm only two days away from getting to know more about this wonderful little person inside me and couldn't be happier!
Weight gain: It looks like we have hit a total weight gain of 5 pounds! 
Maternity clothes: I will probably invest in some this weekend. I wore my regular jeans unbuttoned with my bella band recently and it just wasn't very comfortable. Yoga pants are my BFF!
Stretch marks: Nope
Belly button in or out: In...but that may change over the next couple of weeks at this rate!
Sleep: Sleeping well and long...I'm loving afternoon naps too.
Best moment this week: Getting to spend time with my family was just what the doctor ordered. We had such a nice stress-free weekend. I wish all weekends could be like that!
Worst moment this week: Back pain is still a big problem. I should be able to go see a physical therapist soon, though. 
Miss anything: I love my bump, but I'm so used to having a flat stomach...I already feel like a fatty!
Movement: Feeling it a little more often now, and on Friday I felt the first real "kick"! It was so neat!
Cravings: Milk, cereal, fruit, and muffins
Anything make you queasy or sick: Nope! We are finally 100% morning sickness free!
Looking forward to: Well, my birthday tomorrow for one thing, but also finding out if baby is a HE or a SHE on Friday! Best birthday present ever!!!!
Weekly Wisdom: I have had such a hard pregnancy that I sometimes feel so guilty for not "enjoying it", but Brian reminds me that the fact that I'm miserable and can't wait for it to be over doesn't make me a bad momma. Every pregnancy is different, and if you're not necessarily having the time of your life, you are not alone! ;)

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!