4 Months With Baylee!

Saturday, November 15, 2014

My little buggie is 4 months old today! She has changed so much in the past month...I can't even believe how fast she's growing! We have officially moved up to 6 month size clothes, size 2 diapers, and at her doctors appointment a few weeks ago she weighed just about 13 pounds and was 23 inches long! She's such a good eater that she likes to keep Mama busy day and night feeding her! I am so glad we got the okay from her pediatrician to start her on solid food this month because she's ALWAYS hungry and I think that might help keep her a little more satisfied. :)



So, one of my favorite things about this age is that she has started grabbing, holding, and chewing on her toys. I think it's just the cutest thing ever, and she got so many cute toys at my shower, so it's been fun to break them all out and see which ones she likes best! She's teething like a mad woman so pretty much anything she can fit in her mouth right now is money! 



That, of course, includes her favorite thing of all...her hands! We lovingly call them her "handburgers" because they are seriously always in her mouth! :)


Oh, and Mama's fingers are apparently equally delicious! ;)


Baylee also celebrated her very first holiday ever this month...Halloween! We dressed her up as the cutest little zebra ever, and, in true baby fashion, she hated her costume with a passion! LoL She only kept it on for about a half an hour, but it was long enough for us to get some pictures. She rocked her "Wickedly Cute" outfit though! We had a nice, low key Halloween this year. I made chili and cornbread and my sisters and Brian's parents came up. We just watched movies and handed out candy to the trick-or-treaters. Baylee definitely seemed to enjoy herself with the family around!



She still loves tummy time and is getting sooo good at it! I swear one day she's just going to up and crawl away! She can still roll over on her back, but is choosing not to do it as often as she was. I think she's just too eager to scoot. She hasn't rolled from back to tummy yet, but I she sure tries!


Baylee has also officially discovered Stella Lou and we just think she is the neatest thing to stare at and touch. She is absolutely tickled by her, and loves touch her soft fur!


They're totally destined to be BFFs! And, as you can see, she has mastered sitting in the Bumbo chair! (Thank you again Aunt Jenny!) She loves to look at the world from a different point of view than lying down. Plus, its so much easier to play with toys when you're sitting up like a big kid!

In not so fun news, my baby has decided to stop sleeping. She totally teased me with 6 and 7 hour stretches, and then one night a few weeks ago she decided she was going to be hungry every 3 hours and we haven't turned back since. Mama is exhausted! I have tried everything to get this kid to sleep, but no luck. I even invested in a Merlin's Magic Sleep Sack and, so far it helps for naps and keeps her warm, but as soon as she realizes she's hungry, the fact that she's warm and cozy doesn't seem to matter anymore. I'm hoping that this is just the 4 month sleep regression and that by 5 months we are back to sleeping through the nigh...we are both pretty tired all the time!



How cute is her bed head though?! Heehee She's still my little snuggle bunny, though, and I love it! After she plays for a while she usually gets super sleepy and we snuggle on the couch for a bit before I put her down for her nap. It's precious mommy daughter time that I will always cherish.


I am absolutely looking forward to this next month and celebrating the holidays with my girl! She has all her cute Christmas outfits ready to be worn for all the festive things we are planning on doing! I used to think I loved the holidays before, but now they're so much more special with my daughter! Kiddo and I have become quite inseparable, and I wouldn't have it any other way! :)



Hope everyone has a Happy Turkey day in a couple of weeks! Look for a post the day after to find out all about Baylee's first Thanksgiving! We can't wait! *Gobble Gobble*





No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!