The More That You Read...

Friday, August 2, 2019

"The more that you read,
the more things you will know.
The more that you learn,
the more places you'll go."
-Dr. Seuss
From the time Baylee was a tiny baby, Brian and I have made a huge effort to read to her daily. I truly believe that by starting so young, we instilled a deep love of books and reading in her. When she was tiny, we started with short board books like "Goodnight Moon" and "Brown Bear, Brown Bear". As a toddler she started to like books that were a little more involved like "Room On the Broom" and "Pinkalicious". Now that she is 5, we still read all her old favorites, but I recently introduced "chapter books" in to her world and she is absolutely loving it!

I got the idea to start reading chapter books to her, when author Kirsty Lee Hutton reached out to me about her children's book series called "The Kingsley Kids". I couldn't wait to get my hands on the first book: "The Kingsley Kids and the Invisible Spray." It is the cutest book about three 10-year-old friends tackling regular school-aged life events with some extraordinary events thrown in as they discover a magic spray that can turn things (and people) invisible. It is a wonderfully written book that teaches a few life lessons easy enough for a young child to understand. 

Baylee has loved being able to close her eyes and imagine all the lovable characters in her head. After each chapter, we take some time so she can ask questions or add in her opinion, and it has been a fun bonding experience for us! If you would like to read this wonderful book, you can purchase a copy here, or visit my Instagram where I am giving away 5 copies!

What were your favorite chapter books to read as a child?

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!