9 Week Bump-date!

Saturday, January 4, 2014

As promised, here is my first weekly bump-date! At my appointment with my OB he gave me an estimated due date of August 7th, 2014 based on the size of the little one. So, that puts me at 9 weeks and two days today! Yay! We have finally hit the last month of my first trimester! 

I am so excited to finally see a light at the end of the tunnel from this first trimester misery. I was only 4 weeks when I found out I was preggo, so I had no clue what was coming. Weeks 4 and 5 were great. I was exhausted, but hungry all the time! Then, out of the blue I woke up on my 5th day of week 5 and swore I was on a boat out in the middle of the ocean. The dreaded "morning sickness" had hit. I put morning sickness in quotations because it is literally the worst name ever given. Seriously...whoever deemed it "morning sickness" was clearly a man! It's more like all day, every day sickness with a few minutes of relief here and there. At first it was bearable, but by the middle of week 6 it hit full force. I was sooooo sick, losing weight fast, and very dehydrated. I made another appointment to see my doctor and within 5 minutes of my visit he gave me 4 weeks off of work. Wow...what a difference it has made! I could actually get the rest I needed, and focus on trying to get food to stay down. I still continued to loose weight over weeks 7 and most of 8, but as soon as I reached the end of week 8 I finally had a good day and ate PIZZA! I have seriously never been so happy to eat a piece of pizza in my whole life. So, it looks like my last month is going to be a combo of good days and bad days, and I get to go back to work on January 20th! Not too shabby! :)

Today has been another one of those good days. I actually got up, washed and straightened my hair, AND put on makeup! Woah! Unheard of! I'd like to say I did it to remind my poor husband that he didn't marry a slob, but truth be told...I wanted my bump pic to be cute! Hahaha I'm terrible...and now...the bump-date!


How far along: 9 weeks
Gender Prediction: I think it's a girl and Brian thinks its a boy! I can't wait to find out!
Weight gain: I've lost 7 lbs 
Maternity clothes: I'm living in PJs and yoga pants right now, but I'm definitely going to need to invest in some maternity dress pants for work before I go back
Stretch marks: Not yet...bought some Palmer's at Target today! Fingers crossed!
Belly button in or out: In
Sleep: Sleeping well minus getting up to pee 2 or 3 times every night! That has gotten old real quick! lol
Best moment this week: Definitely eating and keeping down pizza! Oh happy day!
Worst moment this week: Started having uterus "growing pains" and it is the freakiest thing I've ever felt! Its a sharp, shooting pain from mid-tummy all the way down!
Miss anything: Sushi...although its not likely I could keep it down anyway! lol
Movement: Not yet...baby it still too tiny!
Cravings: Pineapple, donuts, frozen yogurt, sugary cereals, and strawberries (sweet stuff is my friend!)
Anything make you queasy or sick: Pretty much all meat, the smell of hard alcohol, the smell of most coffee, and any food that has a lot of seasoning on it. Whenever Brian cooks I want to die! 
Looking forward to: Trimester Two and our second ultrasound on the 13th! Can't wait to see how baby is doing! :)



No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!