12 Week Bump-date

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Well, this has definitely been the most stressful week of my pregnancy so far. I went back to work on Tuesday, and suddenly being stuck home with morning sickness didn't seem so bad anymore! Getting up at 4:30 am was killer, and then spending an 8 hour shift in a desk chair brings another world of problems! Once we got home around 5:15 pm I would take a shower and bed in bed fast asleep by 6:00.  Not my idea of a fun day! :( I attempted to push through the rest of the week, but by 12:30 pm on Friday, my sciatica pain reached a whole new level and I couldn't even focus or sit still. I had Brian pick me up early so I could rest it my back and leg. Sooo, it's back to the drawing board we go! I want to keep working, but we're thinking that maybe going part time would be the best things for me considering my sciatica pain is only going to get worse as my belly gets bigger! Boo. 

In lighter happier news, we picked BABY NAMES! Yaysies!!! We have decided on two boys names and two girls names, and the day baby is born we will pick on of the two. :) Sorry though, we are not revealing our choices. Since we decided to find out the gender, we figured we have to keep something a surprise for baby's birthday. I can't wait!




How far along: 12 weeks
Gender Prediction: Still Team Blue...although, so far, all the "Old Wives Tales" point to girl! (Craving sweets, bad morning sickness, and baby's heart beat being over 140 bpm are all signs that it's a girl!)
Weight gain: I'm still staying steady at 2 lbs under my weight before pregnancy...hoping that now that the morning sickness is virtually gone I will start seeing that scale climb!
Maternity clothes: Got a Bella Band and OMG! It's the coolest thing ever! You can wear any pair of pants unbuttoned and it keeps them right up!
Stretch marks: Nope
Belly button in or out: In
Sleep: Since I've been back to work exhaustion has reached a whole new level...so, yes....I'm sleeping GREAT!
Best moment this week: Picking names for our little plum!
Worst moment this week: My four shifts at work were pretty horrid. :(
Miss anything: Not being in pain all the time...
Movement: Nothing since I felt it last week, but still looking for it. I can't wait to feel baby's movements as he or she gets bigger!
Cravings: Fruit, milk, ice cream, and gummy bears!
Anything make you queasy or sick: Still getting queasy at night, especially if I'm really tired, but for the most part the morning sickness is gone...finally!
Looking forward to: Watching my bump grow...I feel like I really popped this week so it's been pretty neat to see what a difference just one night can make!
Weekly Wisdom: Starting to realize just how much God is telling me to listen to my body and what it needs! Trying to slow down and realize I can't do it all...I deserve to ENJOY my pregnancy!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!