Welcome 2016!

Thursday, December 31, 2015

How another year is coming to an end; I do not know! But, here we are, mere hours away from welcoming 2016! We decided to have a low key New Year's Eve this year. Just some steaks, wine, games and Netflix by the fireplace. It's a perfect way to start, as I am deeming 2016 the year of peace.

 Last year, I didn't make any resolutions. As new parents, we were totally in survival mode, so my only goal was to make it through the last half of Baylee's first year. :) This year, I thought long and hard about it, and decided I have three resolutions that I think will make me a better mom and wife.

1. To get more organized. The understatement of the year is that we have already outgrown our house. Clutter is not my friend, but we don't exactly have the room for "a place for everything". Since we aren't even close to being in the market for a bigger house yet, I've got to get more organized. This means getting rid of the old and finding a place for the new...and then curing my husband's chronic case of the "dropsies". (You know...when they throw their keys wherever even though you've lovingly put hooks up on the wall, or when their dirty clothes make it to the floor instead of the hamper thats literally two feet away. I know I'm not alone here. Love you, babe ;) Haha) I'm no saint either, though. Time for the clean folded clothes to make it out of the laundry baskets, and for the plans to deep clean once a month to be actually put in to action!

2. To slow down and enjoy the now. In case you haven't noticed, I live for tomorrow. I seriously got giddy when I saw all the Valentine's Day displays at Target. It's a terrible that I have and it drives Brian absolutely bonkers. I love planners and lists and looking forward to all the things! But, I've realized that sometimes I miss out on what's happening today when I'm so busy planning tomorrow. Baylee is growing up entirely too fast, and I'm going to miss it if I don't sloooow down. So, even though you and I both know I will still decorate for V-Day as soon as February 1st hits, I'm going to make it a point to stop and smell the roses every day.

3. To get stronger and healthier. I have been the biggest bag of lazy bones since I became a stay at home mom, and it's time for that to change. Healthy eats and moving my body every day is my ultimate goal. I know Baylee and Brian will benefit from it too!



2015 was a magical year watching Baylee go from an immobile infant to a running, climbing, talking toddler. I have no idea what 2016 has in store, but we have been so blessed already, all I can hope is that God keeps my family as healthy and happy as we are today! And, now that I've shared my resolutions with all of you, maybe it will help hold myself more accountable! ;) I'd love to hear all your resolutions as well...be sure to leave them in the comment section of this post!

I wish you and yours the happiest 2016!



  
"For auld lang syne, my dear,
For auld lang syne.
We'll take a cup o'kindness yet,
For auld lang syne."

Until next year! ;) XoXoXo

   

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!