Spell My Name, Spell My Name

Tuesday, August 22, 2017

One of the most important things that we are working on with Baylee during her first year in preschool is learning how to spell her name! (And, yes, my inner 90's kid totally made a Destiny's Child reference in the title of this post. Ha.) Her teacher has started working with all the kids in her class, but I thought it would be helpful to do some lessons at home as well. While perusing Instagram and Pinterest for ideas, I came across This & That Etc.

This & That Etc. is the cutest small shop run by a husband and wife team who make the neatest wooden puzzles, including custom name puzzles! My girl adores putting puzzles back together, so I knew this would be a great way to get her spelling her name that she would think was so fun. They were kind enough to send us a puzzle to try out, and I can't even begin to tell you how impressed I am!


All of their puzzles are made super high quality with so much attention to detail. Along with being a toy and learning tool that Baylee has been loving to play with, it is also so aesthetically pleasing to have out on the coffee table or displayed on a shelf while not being used. In a house where we are so completely over having her toys everywhere, it's so nice to have a toy lying around that completely goes with our decor. :) 
 

We have had our custom name puzzle for almost a week now, and Baylee is already doing a great job learning how to spell her name with it! She loves to put the letters in their spots and tells me one by one the name of each letter. I know, before long, she will be able to recognize her name when it's written anywhere, and eventually be able to spell it from memory!



Along with custom name puzzles, This & That Etc. also has ABC puzzles, United States Map puzzles, the cutest TicTacToe sets (including Disney!), as well as a plethora of other products with new designs coming out all the time! (I heard rumors of Halloween designs! So excited!) For a limited time, This & That Etc. has been kind enough to offer my loyal readers a discount using the code ASHLEE15, but hurry because this offer will expire on September 4th, 2017! I promise you won't be disappointed with your purchase, and now is the perfect time to get one and stash it away for Christmas! Don't tell Baylee, but Santa is totally bringing her a Mickey & Minnie TicTacToe set! ;)



Until next time! XoXoXo 
 
 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!