First Trimester Essentials

Friday, August 4, 2017


I have about 3 weeks left in my first trimester, and I am so excited to kiss it goodbye and welcome all the fun of trimester two! (Baby kicks, finding out the gender, having a real bump and not a "wow did you just eat a big meal?" bloat bump!) For some women, the first trimester is a breeze, but if you're anything like me, the evil morning sickness attacks with a vengeance around week 6 and it feels like there is no light at the end of the tunnel. Well, I'm so thankful that this is my second pregnancy, because I can testify that there is, in fact, a light at the end of the tunnel, and sweet sweet relief should be just around the corner! (Unless you're one of my poor HG suffering mamas, which in that case my heart aches for you, and I send all the prayers and love...you are wonder women!)

Here is a list of my favorite things that have made my first trimester a little more bearable so far:

1. Pink Stork Tea This was recommended to me by a couple of mamas on my Instagram, and boy am I glad I took their advice! If you're not a big ginger fan, the taste is a bit strong at first, but I definitely acquired a taste for it. It helps to drink a cup either before or right after a meal, and each tea bag can be used for up to 3 cups of tea!

2. Target Prenatal Vitamins There are a lot of different brands of prenatal vitamins out there, but I have found that for me, the Target brand ones work best. Make sure you get the kind with DHA for baby's little developing brain! I find that taking the pills right before bed helps them to not upset my stomach.

3. Lemon Essential Oil This is another trick I learned from a mama friend! When I start feeling nauseous, I put a drop of lemon essential oil on each wrist and smell it. The citrus scent really helps ease it for a little while and it lasts for a few hours.  

4. Bellabands This is the time when the pooch begins for some women, especially if it's not your first baby! I stopped being able to button my shorts at 7 weeks, so using my Bellabands has helped them last a little bit longer. I recently broke out my old maternity shorts, though! Haha

5. Contigo Water Bottle My Contigo goes absolutely everywhere with me! When I found out I was pregnant, I went out and got a 32 ounce one, because I knew it would help me to up my water intake! Right now, I'm up to 64 ounces a day. 

6. La Croix These are definitely one of those products where you either love it or you hate it, but I'm happy to say that I love La Croix. It is fruity flavored sparkling water, and the carbonation definitely helps settle my stomach after a meal. They come in all kinds of flavors but my favorites are pineapple/strawberry, lemon/lime, orange, and cherry/lime.

7. Saltine Crackers We all know that saltines help settle an upset stomach, and morning sickness is no exception. I keep a baggie of these crackers in my purse at all times just in case I need something in my stomach.

8. Palmer's Vitamin E Oil I swear by this stuff for life! I know stretch marks are mostly genetic, but I put this on every single day with Baylee and didn't end up with even one. The key for me was to start applying as early in the pregnancy as possible. It doesn't help everyone, but it's definitely worth trying!

What are your favorite first trimester products? Let me know in the comments! I'll just be over here drinking my tea. ;)


Until next time! XoXoXo


 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!